Marketing to Millennials
Crossroads recently attended youth trends marketing conference, Share.Like.Buy. in Austin. Here are ten take-aways from conference founder Jeff Fromm:
1) Millennials interpret the political space differently than older generations: less anger, more "How do we fix this?"
2) Music is second only to humor in how Millennials define their taste and identity.
3) Gen Z wants to work for their success, not "be discovered" as Millennials do. One in three already owns a business or plans to start one.
4) Gen Z is pragmatic, not idealistic. They want stable careers rather than to participate in the gig economy.
5) Gen Z experiences FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) more than any other generation. They represent the rise of introversion: 50 percent would rather text than talk.
6) Millennial Latinas feel more pressure because they live for their families, their culture, and their careers.
7) Two-thirds of Millennials hate being advertised to. More than half think they are smarter than the ads they see, and only one percent believe they are influenced by ads.
8) Millennials value experience: don't deprecate your age, or theirs.
9) Millennials change their spending habits not with marriage, but with their first child.
10) Millennials are not Hipsters. They're less urban, more suburban.Let's Talk Millennials
Crossroads is an award-winning, full service public relations firm specializing in helping national brands communicate authentically and consistently across all levels of their marketing. Headquartered in Kansas City, we help uncover what is truly important so brands can live and communicate their story in an honest and impactful way.Learn more about our philosophy
When was the last time you really thought about your brand’s reputation and how it impacts your business? A brand's most important asset is its reputation. Our job is to enhance and protect that reputation.
We believe when you stand for something greater than your bottom line, people stand with you. Crossroads helps brands make a societal difference while meeting business objectives, which is paramount to sustaining relevance with today's busy consumer.
Do you know who influences your brand? Are you friends with them? Crossroads excels at building relationships and creating unique experiences with the influencers capable of making, or breaking, an organization's reputation.